8 Alternative Ways to Describe Common Emotions
As Emotions is our topic of the month, we thought that we would share with you some colloquial alternative ways to describe common emotions. The following examples are great for making yourself sound more conversational when you are speaking English.
To be very tired. For example,
- You look absolutely knackered after running that marathon.
2. Scared Stiff
To be very scared or afraid. For Example,
- She was scared stiff of flying.
To be Angry. For example,
- Your mother will be cross with you if you eat too many biscuits.
To be very embarrassed. For example,
- She was absolutely mortified to see her wrinkles in the mirror.
5. Over the Moon
To be very happy. For example,
- She was over the moon when she won the lottery.
Clases de Inglés Sevilla
To be sad or in low spirits. For example,
- Real Betis’ fans must have been downhearted after their team lost.
To be angry/crazy. For example,
- Sally was really mad at Tom for not doing the washing up.
To be confused. For example,
- The rest of the European Union seem perplexed by Brexit.
I hope that you found this post helpful, if you have any questions don’t hesitate to leave a comment below: