Even More Money Related Phrasal Verbs
Yet some more phrasal verbs related to this month’s topic: Money!
- Dip into: To use a small amount.
- We’re still 5% short, we’ll have to dip into next years budget.
- Scrape by: To barely make it.
- Netscape has been scraping by for years, when will they go under?
- Take over: to buy another company.
- In 2012 Facebook took over Instagram
- Tied up: to be occupied.
- Most of my money is tied up in real estate.
- Get By: To survive.
- It’s difficult to get by in this bad economy.
Clases de Inglés en Sevilla
Now see if you can use these phrasal verbs in context:
- My small business has been____________ by a larger corporation.
- I earn minimum wage so for some months it can be difficult to
- I’ve run out of money again, I may need to_________ my savings account.
- After the financial crisis my company___________ for a few years before going bankrupt.
- I don’t have much liquid cash at the moment as my money is all_________ in other interests.