8 Friendship/Relationship Related Phrasal Verbs
As we have been speaking a lot about friendships and relationships recently, we thought we would share some of our favourite phrasal verbs related to the topic!
1. To Get in Touch
To contact somebody.
- I need to get in touch with Peter and tell him the good news.
2. Keep in touch
To maintain contact with somebody.
- It was nice meeting you, let’s keep in touch.
3. Lose Touch
To stop contact with somebody.
- Over the years we have lost touch with each other. I haven’t seen her in years.
Profesores particulares de inglés
4. Catch up
To update after a long time.
- I haven’t seen you in ages, we should catch up soon!
5. Get on/Along
To have a good relationship with someone else.
W get along very well with my colleagues.
6. Fall out
To stop being friends.
- We fell out after he slept with my girlfriend.
7. Go out
To start a romantic relationship.
- I have been going out with my girlfriend for 3 years now.
8. Split/Break up
End a romantic relationship.
- My girlfriend broke up with me yesterday.